Followers

Blog Archive

Sunday, November 16, 2014



November 15th 2014.

Had given a weeks break after my Half Marathon (previous posts), as my muscles almost killed me the night after the run and in following two days.
Weeks after it, I got hooked onto one or the other thing. My brother from another Mother had come and couldn’t miss meeting him for anything. Then Mom’s monthly groceries and on n on.
Well why all this! ‘Cause am giving reasons as to why I could not run for so long…basically trying to prove myself right!! 
But honestly don’t give yourself these reasons…especially in Winter! ‘cause this is the period when the devil on your left wants you to snuggle into that quilt even more while the poor angel on the  Right is waiting for you to get up and give you the real warmth when you keep your feet on that road…!!

Alarm went off at 5:30am in some corner of the bed, for I had thrown my mobile in that ‘some’ corner the previous night. And before I could shut the alarm off, a light switch turned on! Mom’s up, am an Idiot. I need to work on my Stealthy properties.

Clock was at 5:45am when I was packing up. I wanted to be out by 5:45. But damn! 6 is when I actually got out.

As I made it to the Gate…guard goes…Good Morning Bhaiya!!
Smiles exchanged and I stepped out on my Rockrider.

It had rained crazy the previous night. Earth was wet, Air was chilled. In no time I got my goosebumps…
The air was just so pure, entering through your shirt making you chill but then this kinda chill makes you ride even swifter to feel that air on your face…!! Bliss!!

Early risers were already on the streets doing their chores...while I was swaying through…
Saw a runner as I passed by HAL plugged to music and running with the earth…green glowing guy! 

By the time I made it to the Trinity circle, looked at my watch and realized I had broken my record, 20minutes from Marathalli to Trinity Circle.
As I reached the green huge gate of Cubbon park a lot of fat burners were already sweating…parked my ride, gulped a sip of water…and then took off!!

Was already warmed up by the ride, did some for ten minutes and started my run. Apparently there was a Walk for Diabetes organized which was to be kicked off in sometime…so I had to get my reading done comparatively faster!! 

My days first inspirational act was due after two rounds but before that a heads up…a poor guy was in his wraps of torn clothes sitting by the road…rotating his head left and right looking at the runners passing by and occasionally looking down!! I crossed him…

Then there was a laughter club people who roar literally, standing ritualistically in a circle and laughing their guts out towards the Sky. I am sure if it was rhythmic it would have brought rain but I think this stands to bring the thunder…fun watching them! 
Then came an Old man, taking his baby steps. Let me tell you they can put us to shame..Why! because even after your 8 rounds of run when u see people like them making that effort to walk, during that 8 rounds of run, when they are ought to hold their beds closer (no offence but its in a respectful way said) they have achieved more than us. And your 8 rounds of run is only tiny drop of water in the ocean. If only you could say to them can I borrow your heart and mind.

Life’s lot more narrower when you are in front of that laptop while you are at your IT desk job. Facing the same old coding and timelines, just waiting to finish those 8 hours of daily hours. And when you hit the road on a weekend like this you see a larger picture of life, people with larger hearts, people with real smiles, people as kids, life as it should be!! And then you think to yourself...What are you upto!? 

someone in a movie said: I like the animals, but I love the humans!!

So I had finished my two rounds, and I still saw from far the poor guy was sitting at the same place as before. Just then a couple all wrapped in shawls and caps walked to him. People offer a rupee or ten bucks. Then I saw a huge white packet being offered to him. In it, it had a big blanket and there I had my moment of happYness, my first of daily heroes. As a kid, I wouldn’t deny, because I used to watch lotsa movies I would think of being hero saving people and to me saving someone from falling, or accident seemed more heroic then anything. And only when I started growing tall the meaning of hero started changing. And more so by looking at people like these as above.
The Poor guy calmly accepted his pre-Christmas gift by his ‘Santas’ without a smile but I guess you might just know why! I crossed them…

Completed my run…came by the rock mountain (small one inside). Rested on it for some time. So I have started a bit on Calisthenics (had stopped in between for a while), or body weight training in basic terms.
Did for about 40 mins and then saw the patch of road was Blued. The Walk for Diabetes had begun, and participants were in blue shirts. It was flowing blue. 

I wrapped up. Picked up my snacks, took a spot and was looking at runners left and right just like the Poor guy. Or ‘Rich’ guy should I say!!

Sun was smiling at me at an angle…After about half hour picked up my stuff and unhooked my ride, waited for the signal to turn green. 

I had to pick up some books from blossoms, as I neared the store the time was around 9:30 and I got answered back…11o’clock is the opening time. I had to find Rashmi’s (a close friend) house for some work. Thought better I could do that. Hit Shantinagar, found her place and looked at watch, time was around 10. Traffic was building up. 

Reached upto Indian Coffee House, near blossoms, one of my favorite and old coffee place in Bangalore. Ordered a Coffee without sugar and an egg sandwich. At the first bite, a beautiful one in red parks herself at the front table facing each other. Don’t get ideas please!
She ordered scrambled egg and that triggered my tummy to order that as well, after about 50k ride and nearly 10k run you need those calories. By the time I finished my two course breakfast She had left and left me with an Idea. Why not make this place as my regular breakfast point as anyways I come here and that would give mom some break :P Deal!!

Just as I was finishing up the breakfast, an Old Man, a foreigner came and sat across my table. We greeted each other. He had the Blue on him. He had just finished his walk for the cause. So just asked ‘So you went for the walk!?’

He said Oh yes I did. 

Nice! How long was the walk…

About 4k, but I walked for 7k.
(there you have another, living the life)

Wow! That’s nice…!! May I know where you are from…

My parents are from US but I was born in Tamil Nadu….
(Whaaaat!! (no offence to my fellow Tamilians) but he packed milk and rose on his face…)

Wow! That’s nice…It was nice meeting you!!

Paid my bill and moved out…and a call came from behind…is that blue bottle yours!!? I was like oh damn yea!!

The foreigner was pointing at my bottle…we smiled to each other again…and this time He asked, oh so you work out!!?
I said…workout a bit, run a bit and cycle a bit!
 Oh You know! We once did a 5000 mile cycle ride when we were in UK…about 50 to 100 miles a day..! We didn’t have much money..cheapest way to look around a country!!

And there I found my Kinda man…!! Damn that’s how you want to travel…!! I said a wow! And said I would love to give that a try sometime in my life!! Gave a goodbye handshake and walked out!!
But what followed made me feel so stupid after I left…which I realised only later while riding back home!!

It was 10:30, closer to 11. Parked my ride just outside Blossoms (for those who don’t know what Blossoms is, it a paradise for Bookworms, if only I could own it…well that’s on list too!! To own a book store and a coffee shop when I retire!! Long way to go). 
Half an hour to kill, looked around the Shutter, and saw the store people had kept some books by the side, picked one up!! Then 11 was just a number…

I guess God was a bit on light mood on me…Another beautiful gracefully crossed the street with a smile that made me, honestly, look for her in the book store. Yes it had passed 11 already and I hadn’t noticed if it wasn’t for the smile. Asked for my books at the counter and gave a small look around the floor if that beautiful was around. But don’t know where she had vanished among the pages.

Unhooked my ride, got on the streets! Looked at watch, it was 11:30. And I was like woaa…I was already about 6 hours away from home!! This was fun…
As I was reaching Trinity circle suddenly the thought striked which had made me feel stupid…!!
Why had I not asked the Old man at Coffee House…

‘if you are a regular here, I would love to hear about your 5000 miler Adventure?’



~Cp


No comments:

Post a Comment