Followers

Blog Archive

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Day 19th October 2014
D Day...
but lets go back few days...
Nearly a week before...8th October to be specific....a friend had taken me to 'Andra Mess' for Lunch...as I enter my nostrils were filled with Aroma....!!
soon I'll be calling..Arey O Maa!!Pj never mind..we'll get there...

I ordered for a boneless chicken biryani...the third in my life...yes!!
some one might just shoot me for hearing this...Whaat..you've had only three times BIRYANI!! and if my Mom gets to know this...there will be atleast one person who will shoot me...as she's been trying from ages unknown, to feed me Biryani....

Anyways..Biryani arrives...I munch away the food...told my friend it was yumm...!! the restaurant was a small setup, probably 5 tables in it.

time was past 9pm when I started feeling uneasy...!! but I slept through it...
Morning happened...Uneasy had a new meaning now...! I did not feel like getting up the bed...
the fact that added also was that a day before I was till 4am in the office...and while returning it was pouring and had no go but to get out in the rain on friends bike as there were no other means of travel....
I have always loved rain...and it just washed away all the pain..!!but this was now acting along with uneasiness with less sleep...

Told mom am gonna take work from home but instead applied sick leave at office...cause Mom would freak out otherwise if I had told her I was feeling sick..!!
Entire day lazed at home...!!
Friday came and thought I could go to office...I went..which I shouldn have..!! come evening I was almost dead...
Saturday I woke up early morning and from then on the trips to loo were non-stop...!!
Felt like the door hinges of restroom were getting loose..!! Mom & Dad were up n running now around me....
I lost water more than I took in...lost almost two kilos....!!

Sunday morning I looked myself in the mirror and felt like a parched paper...with unshaven sunken face...!! 
took lots of fluid..sugar..salt...antibiotics...!! Sunday by night I was feeling better with the fact I was doing less trips to loo....

Monday I ‘wanted to get up’...got up!! got suited and went office...!!I cannot stay on bed no matter what happens...its even more restless....!! As I raked through the day...felt better....

then suddenly a thought slid through... 19th October-Half Marathon...

time was 5:30pm...I looked at my merrell..it looked at me...and we couldn stop...
I have made a track for myself at office of about 2k...
Warmed up for a while...and took off....!!

5 rounds and I stopped...1hour 15min..not bad after my nightmare, food poisoning, of nearly 5 days...!! some might say What an Idiot!! but sometimes, I have come to believe now you need to push over your pain only to get over that pain...
I was actually feeling better...
but as a good practice before marathon you are to give a tapering period so that muscles regain their strength...well I was going in every wrong direction...but then I had to!!

and in search of this new found barefoot running concept I was trying to get my foot stamp right..and in doing so instead forefoot running I did toe running...and made my calf muscles so sore...that I gave myself more than I could take...!!
Two days I didn't do much of movement...well I couldn't..I wanted to get rid of the soreness...did everything hot water application....pain spray...and what not...!! 
Asked John for any new tricks...but!!

thought I have got myself busted right before the D Day...with just three days left...!!

Well like I said...I did what I do best...go against....!!

Come Thursday I went for another run at office...but this time I corrected my minimalist run and just did about 6K...and Voila!! 

I felt much better...did a hot water bath...felt better...!!

then on I did not do any monkey business...gave good rest...kept the legs warm!!

Day 19th October 2014
D Day...

well to write about this day....I need another page to start, for it didn't turn out to be my first half marathon...it turned to be my The First Half Marathon....!! :)

to be contd...





~Cp

No comments:

Post a Comment