Followers

Blog Archive

Sunday, September 21, 2014

RIDE 3:
Date: 20-Sept-2014(IST)


Alarm went off at 6:15am. John was out of town, Pavi said no! We run on Saturdays. Sat up rubbing eyes, should I or should I not!
Mom rings up from one corner, can you not at least on weekends have a peaceful sleep!
Don’t know but like Spiderman said (lil filmy but that’s the truth about my sleep) ‘It’s my curse, it’s my Gift!’ and to add it I wake up even more early on holidays!! Figuring out from ages why!
Anyways moving on.. Pavi had mentioned Cubbon Park is nice for a run too! But I had somehow not seen it entirely on previous visits and thought it was a small place! So thought let’s just head and see!
Left my place at about 7am.
Traffic was at ease after HAL. There’s a thing to this Traffic, it teaches you Patience. For some this might sound like Oh! What an Idiot!
Then when I look at people who yell at each other for a space of 5 cms, autos crossing like a snake , cabs like Michael Schumacher’s and then I look at myself, there’s a sense of difference. Not describing me as superior, but to see and let go what’s not important can only happen when you give the time to experience it, and traffic gives you a lot of time like that!
Yes I honk too, when am late for a Movie! ;)
7:38am I was looking at Gandhiji’s Statue. Parked my ride, walked inside the park. I had a small hanging bag, figured it was going to be a pain while running bouncing all over. So as a warm up I was looking for a string by the park road side to tie it up. There were couple of options juice straw (strong, but I had to untie too just in case), shoe lace (never mind), bamboo stripes in the park etc!
BULB!
I tied the bag straps to themselves. Voila!
Saw some running along a track, followed them to figure out the route. I was so proved wrong by the immense of the park (sorry Pavi!! :)), that I lost the runners whom I was following.
I figured my own route. It was beautiful. Air was better. Then reached a track which was a lil more conditioned mud track. Took it, glad I chose the option ‘should I’.
Did about a 10K.
Came to a halt, felt I could do more. But then just stopped.
A veteran just came by, we greeted each other. Bobby his name was. He was stretching and goes..ouu!ouu!
Asked him all ok.. he goes yea! I just did a 35k. I was ouu inside! Damn one day! 
As if he read my mind he asked why don’t you join us!
I was….Sure, I’d love to!
So hope next weekend I’ll meet him again.
For now I wanted a refill. Went and asked for ‘a’ banana, lady said 10 Bucks…I was like :O Whaaaaat!
I walked back…!! Then asked again later what about fruit bowl, 20 Bucks..better deal, more filling. Took it and savored it.
~9 30am put my gloves on and rode back towards home.

After 13K ride > 10K run > 13k ride, I made it home. The feeling was different.

Untill next ride..

~Cp



No comments:

Post a Comment